“Kaliningrad Commercial Sea Port” OJSC is a very interesting and promising project due to its attractive geographical location on the Baltic Sea coast between Poland and Lithuania. Also, “Kaliningrad Commercial Sea Port” OJSC is the largest enterprise in the westernmost and the only non-freezing Russian port on the Baltic Sea.
Open Joint Stock Company “Kaliningrad Commercial Sea Port” is located in the southeastern part of the Baltic Sea at the mouth of the Pregolya River.
The terminals of OJSC KMTP are located in the inner harbors (Volnaya and Industrialnaya) of the city of Kaliningrad and are connected to the Baltic Sea by a navigable canal, 43 kilometers long, 80 to 150 meters wide and 9 to 10.5 meters deep.
KSCP OJSC is located at the intersection of branches of the main trans-European transport corridors (I, IX) in the Special Economic Zone of the Russian Federation – the Kaliningrad region, separated from the rest of Russia by the land borders of the EU countries (Poland and Lithuania) and international sea waters.
KSCP OJSC is distinguished by favorable natural conditions, since the Kaliningrad port is the only non-freezing Russian port in the Baltic sea. The Kaliningrad port has an advantageous geographical position and is distinguished by the shortest, relative to other Baltic ports, sea distances to the main Western European ports.
- loading and unloading activities; mooring operations; agency service for ships;
- storage of goods; logistics; mooring operations;
- freight forwarding by rail and road, including payments for the carriage of goods by rail directly with the administration of the railway;
- towing / escorting vessels to perform maneuvers on the canal and in ports;
- transportation of any goods by road, both in the region and to other countries;
- construction and repair of berths, cargo areas. buildings and structures, engineering tracks and communications, repair and maintenance of railway and crane tracks, production of reinforced concrete products;
- lease of office and warehouse premises, infrastructure facilities;
- power supply to third-party organizations;
- telephone and INTERNET communication services;
- in addition, the port’s clients and investors are provided with tax and customs privileges provided for by the Russian Federation Law “On the Special Economic Zone of the Kaliningrad Region”.